Monday, 2 April 2018

P6 - Sub-Edited Article and Analysis








I have made the title a Rhetorical Question as it will lure in the reader as they will think to themselves and ask themselves the question proposed. Using a Rhetorical Question as the title for a news article is a good idea because it sparks intrigue in the reader, as they want to find out if Deyes High is Overcrowded.



In the Article I structured the article in a specific way, firstly I split up all of the information I had into 4 categories,
·                    UK General
·                    Deyes Comparison
·                   Affected Learning
·         Conclusion
I chose to structure the article this way as it would fit in all of the primary sources and secondary sources well.



I chose to add in the numerical information at the start of the article as personally if I were reading the article I would not want to be reading numbers throughout the entire article, therefore I placed them in bulk at the start and put the interview later, as an incentive to get through the numbers and onto the real part of the article.



I made sure that I breadcrumb quoted Mr Ellis in the article, this is so that the reader doesn’t get a transcript of the article instead being told the information when it is necessary. As I am essentially the Gatekeeper for the information I have tried to give as much information as I can without being too overbearing on the subject giving the reader what they need to understand the subject.



I finished off by explaining what I believed to be the reason for the thoughts about the school being crowded in the younger years, I suggest that the school has only accepted a few more children than usual, however the years feel bigger than the year 11, 12 and 13’s because of the fact these years were smaller than usual, which I attributed to the small baby boom in 2004/5 which has continued in the northwest

No comments:

Post a Comment